Located in four acres of greenery, amid the tall deodars (pine), the Woodville Palace is a Victorian building evocative of royal grandeur and dignity. The Woodville Estate was initially bought by Maharaja Bhagvat Singh of Gondal State in Western India (present day Madhya Pradesh) for his daughter. Her husband Raja Sir Bhagat Chand of Jubbal demolished the old structure in 1938 and built the present Victorian palatial building. Its charm lies in its period ambiance. It has been converted in a heritage hotel and is known as Woodville Palace Hotel.
More Shimla District Forts & Palaces