The Chamba Palace known as Akhand Chandi Palace is a prominent structure overlooking the famous Chamba Chaugan. Constructed during Raja Umed Singh's reign between 1748-1764. The palace is sprawling and, it has some delicately carved doors, balustrades and window frames and intricate wood and glass work. It is a colonial type building. The huge hall, once the Darbar Hall, also called Marshal Hall was built in 1879 by Capt. Marshal and the Zanana Mahal was added in the reign of Raja Bhuri Singh.
More Chamba District Forts & Palaces