Dalhousie is a hill station full of colonial charm that holds lingering echoes of the Raj. Spread out over five hills. Named after Lord Dalhousie...
Dharamsala is bea- utiful & peaceful town, surrounded by forests of pine. Up there is Suburb of Dharamsala called Macleodganj or Little Lhasa...
Temples, Gurudwaras, Mosques, Chruches & Monasteries in Shimla (Pilgrimage around Shimla)
- Temple of Tara Devi and Sankat Mochan on Shimla Kalka Road. Kali Mata in village Padhai towards Bharari side. Dhingu Devi and Raj Rajeshwari in Sanjauli. Kali Bah, Shri Ram Mandir, Sanatam Dharam, Shiv Mandir in the town itself. Bihargaon (8krn) and Dhandhi Devta Temple at village Kanaina (Pagog ) (4 km) are temples of traditional Pahari architecture.
- The Temple of Kali Bari is near the Mall and was founded in 1845 by Ram Charan Bhramachari, a Bengali Brahmin. The Temple, one of the oldest in Shimla, is held in high veneration by the town’s Hindu community and is dedicated to the goddess Kali. While a black marble image occupies the centeral position in the sanctum, it is flanked by vermillion daubed stone carvings which are regarded to be the images that were unearthed at the temple’s original site on the slopes of Jakhoo. A little distance from Scandal Point towards General Post Office, there is a temple dedicated to Goddess Shyamala, who lends her name to Shimla. This temple was constructed in 1845. Earlier it was on the Jakhu Hills but the Britishers brought it to this new site.
- Jakhoo Hill is Shimla's Highest point and offers a spectacular view of the town, hills and distant mountain ranges. The peak has a temple dedicated to Bhagwan Hanuman. Jhakoo temple is situated at the heights of 8000 ft. 2KM from Shimla. Jhaku hill is the highest point in Shimla. It is peoples believe that Hanumanji rested here during his journey to Himalayan mountain. You will find so many cunning and naughty monkeys on the way that waits for feeders. Be extremely careful with your camera, glasses, bag and food. This temple opens every day.
- The Sankat Mochan Temple (4 km) is dedicated to Hanuman Ji, and lies just short of Shimla by the Kalka-Shimla highway. Sankat Mochan is one of the worth visiting sites of Himachal Pradesh located at a distance of 5 km from Shimla city. It is very close to Tara Devi and easily approached from the Kalka-Shimla National Highway (NH22).
- The Kamna Devi Temple lies above Boileauganj and also offers good views of the town, the airfield and the mountain ranges.
- The hill of Tara Devi (12 km by vehicular road) is crowned by a temple of the same name. Vehicular access to the shrine is along a road that bifurcates at shoghi. The views are spectacular. Sunday mornings have a throng of devotees and there is a lunch 'Bhandara'. Maa Bhagwati Tara Devi temple is located on Tara Parvat, in the western side of Shimla town on Shimla-Kalka Road i.e. NH 22. Tourists pass through a meandering uphill road through the sweet smelling pine forests and lush green meadows by engulfing the superb panorama of the lofty and majestic forested mountains. The place can be approached by train, bus or taxi. From the station either you have to walk or can hire a taxi to reach the shrine. It is believed that Mother Goddess Tara Devi notices everyone and protects them from hardships and sufferings.
- Some other temples are located in the lower Bazaar, in the middle bazaar and at Boileauganj.
- Buddhist monasteries are there at Kusumpti (Nyingma- pa sect) and at Sanjauli (Geluk-pa sect).
- Founded in 1885, the main Gurudwara and the hall of the Sri Singh Sabha is near the main bus stand at Sanjauli.
- The Mosque named 'Jama Masjid' located at Lower Bazaar.
- Chruches : Christ Church on the Ridge; St. Michael's Cathedral, near the ARTRAC buildings and All Saints Chapel, near the Gates of Indian Institute of Advanced Study. At the eastern end of the Ridge, lies the Gothic Christ Church, a prominent landmark of the city. It is one of the oldest churches of north India built in the year 1846. Its fine stained glass windows and intricate floral designs are spectacular.
Chamba valley, the most loveliest in Himachal, is known for its scenic attractions, sparkling streams, beautiful lakes and crowned with high mountains ranges...
Kullu - Manali, A honeymooners place, is gifted with every thing that one can imagine. Kullu "The end of habitable world" and Manali "Queen of Hills"...
Shimla a tourist destination. A beautiful hill town in the lap of nature, surrounded by pine and deodar forests. At a distance of 45 km, a prettiest place Solan exists"...