- Altitude : 615 m
- STD code : 01892
- Climate : Varies between 35°c (Summers) and 0°c (Winters).
- Best Time To Visit : Mid-May To Mid-November.
HOW TO REACH / GETTING THERE / ACCESS :
- Air : Gaggal is the nearest airport, located at a distance of 8 km from Kangra town. Jagson airlines and Indian Airlines fly their regular flights to Gaggal. Tourists can hire a taxi to reach Kangra.
- Rail : Nearest Narrow Gauge railway station is at Kangra, which is 17 km away from Dharamshala and connects to Pathankot through narrow gauge railway track. Private taxi and bus services are available from the station to Kangra city. Pathankot, which is located at a distance of 94 km from Kangra, is the nearest broad gauge railway station.
- Road : Roadways connect Kangra to numerous other destinations in the state. Kangra can be reached via Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Manali and Pathankot. Dharamsala is just 18 km away.
- Local Transport : To move in and around the city, there are several mode of transport available, one can hire private taxi or take local bus service. You can also sign up for an organized tour which is run by the government and private agencies; it covers the entire region of Kangra and nearby places of interest.
Where to Stay : HPDC hotel at Jwalamukhi, private hotels and guest houses, and Forest Rest houses, can be found around the area.